Saturday, June 24, 2006

Ropes of Farming


I have always known that Mom & Dad loved each other and have always done everything together. It was never so obvious to me as when Mom had her heart surgery. When they were about to take her to the operating room it seemed Mom looked at Dad and everyone else disappeared. A look of pure love and support twinkled in their eyes. I would say the same was true with Dads recent stay in the hospital. He wanted Mom there; she was the one that really mattered. Dad and Mom have given us the gift of loving each other so deeply.

Recently, when we have been trying to learn the ropes of farming Dad said I could learn to drive the tractor. It only took 45 years, maybe I should have been a boy.

Anyway, Mom said Dad would always tell her she could do something and she never doubted herself because he told her she could. Too bad we cannot bottle this up and sell it. Mutual respect, love and confidence for almost 60 years.

Sharon

No comments: