Saturday, June 24, 2006

Cow Chips



Cow Chips and A Lot of Love
When I think of Junior, what comes to mind right away is that he sets an example of the ideal family man. His ambitions are focused towards goals of providing for loved ones. The McIntire priorities are hard work, taking care of family, and community awareness. Cynthia and Junior accept everyone as an individual and only have everyone’s best interest and happiness in mind. Ever since meeting Junior and Cynthia on a November day in 1985, I immediately felt accepted as part of the family.
Nothing is ever too much trouble or inconvenient for Junior and Cynthia. From running out to pick up Shooter, the favorite granddog, to babysitting the kids when Terry and I were working, to taking care of me during illness, I know I can always count on them.
Out of all the love and support Junior and Cynthia have shown me, the most precious gift is their active role as grandparents to Lauren and Austin. From infancy and as they grow to adulthood Memaw and Papaw have been warm, giving and loving grandparents. Some of my fondest memories are of them holding and caring for Lauren and Austin when they were babies. Austin has always relished in the role of grandchild. At age 2 he was wandering through the pasture with a dried cow chip. Papaw picked Austin up and as they walked towards me, Austin flung the chip towards me from the protection of papaw’s arms. As I jumped and yelped, I am not sure who laughed the hardest. All I recall is three generations of McIntire’s laughing at me. That laugh was the most noise I have ever heard from Junior in over 20 years.
Junior and Cynthia have treated me as a daughter I am fortunate to be part of the McIntire family. When I reflect on my life achievements, it is Lauren and Austin McIntire that stand out the most. They are the light of my life and I am proud that they will carry on the McIntire name. Junior and Cynthia’s influence contributed in many ways to the people Lauren and Austin are today.

Junior, enjoy your 80th birthday and we look forward to sharing the years ahead together. Mom and Dad, thank you for all your love and support!
With love, Nancy

No comments: